Perhaps, your work requires you to travel a lot. This means, you need to be physically fit and mentally strong to endure the hassles of travelling distant places. The best way to derive greater physical fitness is to do different yoga poses. You do not need any costly equipment to do the poses. Rather, you just need to invest in a few inexpensive items like the yoga mat.
Portable yoga mats
Yoga mats are necessary as you are to do the poses or asanas sitting or standing on them. According to yoga experts, you are not to sit directly on the ground to do the yoga poses. This is why you need to invest in the best ones that can be carried along during your travel to other places. It is sure to prove to be handy at the hotel, guest house or even at your home. You need to check the top travel yoga mats offered in the market designed specifically for fitness enthusiasts.
Top 5 travel yoga mats
1. Manduka eKO Superlite Travel Yoga Mat:
It is created from natural rubber. It is provided dense cushioning to offer adequate support to your elbows and knees. This mat is ultra-lightweight and foldable. It is devoid of harmful plasticizers and PVC\ materials. People sensitive towards latex can benefit from using it. This particular mat tends to feature an orange peel texture and tightly woven scrim to offer firm grip. Cleaning this mat is quite easy. Thus it is possible to eliminate bacteria, dirt and sweat that otherwise might get absorbed within the mat.
- Made from natural rubber
- 99% latex-free
- Can be found in different textures, designs and colors.
- Easy to clean
- It smells rubbery.
2. Jade Yoga Travel Mat:
Natural rubber is used in the construction of this yoga mat to provide a strong grip allowing you to do the different poses with great ease with superior traction. For greater stability as well to encourage doing standing poses, it provides closer ground contact. Moreover, its dense cushioning supports adequate comfort to sensitive knees and elbows. It is easy to clean, lightweight, foldable and is made from anti-slip materials while being free from EVA, TPE, PER and PVC.
- Offers superior traction
- Available in different attractive sizes and colors
- Easy to maintain and clean
- It is a bit expensive
3. TOPLUS Yoga Travel Mat:
This foldable mat is approximately 1/16” thick and is created from natural rubber. It is free from harmful odor and dyes. Its upper side has anti-tearing mesh and dot texture, thus making it slip resistant and more stable. Its bottom side is good enough to offer perfect friction and better grip even on smooth surfaces. Besides being lightweight, it is can be wiped quickly using a clean wet cloth or even machine-washed.
- Free from harmful odor
- Completely eco-friendly
- Manufacturer warranty for 1 year
- Zipper carrying bag provided for easy carry
- Effortless cleaning
- May stretch a bit on regular usage
4. SKL Yoga Travel Mat:
This mat is created from non-toxic rubber and natural suede. It is designed to absorb sweat and is made from non-slip material. It is a great choice for performing different types of fitness routines like floor exercises, pilates and hot yoga. It is easy to clean, foldable and is offered with a carrying pouch to make travel easy. Moreover, this mat is tear resistant while being designed to prevent sweat from getting absorbed in it. Thus it resists harmful bacteria accumulation and bad odor. The digital print used in its creation is what makes the mat more stylish, attractive and a must have item.
- It is possible to fold or roll them as desired for safe keeping and carrying.
- Zipper pouch provided to keep it neatly for future use.
- Easy and effortless to clean.
- Anti-tear surface, thus being strong, durable and last long.
- Recyclable and eco-friendly product.
- Machine washable.
- There are chances of the mat slipping when in use.
5. UGO Yoga Mat:
This is undoubtedly one of the best yoga mats in the market. It is created from SGS certified natural rubber, considered to be 100% recyclable and safe. Moreover, it is free from latex, PVC, DBP, DEHP, DINP, BBP, DNOP and DIDP while being odor-free. Even after regular use for many years, its color will not fade, or flake or peel. Its anti-skid surface allows superior grip and excellent traction while performing hot yoga. What makes this yoga mat quite desirable is its offering greater stability, comfort and cushioning to the whole body. Diluted vinegar and soap mixture can work well to clean the mat and make it shine like new.
- Anti-skid surface
- Compact design
- Available in three different exciting colors
- Cleaning takes very less time and effort.
- Offers superior grip.
- Does not fade, flake or peel even after long use.
- It might emit an odor.
What to consider during the selection process?
- Weight: Since you are to carry this mat along with you on your frequent trips, it should be lightweight. Prefer those that are equal to or less than 2 lbs.
- Material: Select dual sided mat like upper layer having suede and lower side with a rubber. This will offer enhanced comfort and better stability. Material used on the upper layer should soak quickly your sweat. At the same time, it should cushion your joints. Do select latex-free and eco-friendly products.
- Dimensions: It should be long and wide enough to allow you to do your poses comfortably.
Considering the above aspects will allow you to make the right selection. You can also enjoy doing different poses on the mat to stay healthy and fit.