A simple mushroom risotto Recipe for you!
Risotto is one of the world’s most loved, and cooked dishes. The process of making risotto is rather therapeutic. Every time you crave for rice, this is a lovely dish to try. However, some tips can make the dish much more natural and impressive. For example, you should always begin with risotto with hot stock. And, for the ingredients to blend, you need to keep stirring the mixture over and over again. Also, you have to invest in high quality cheese, for delicious risotto. Good cheese can make your risotto fresh, and classic.
With this being said, here is an easy mushroom risotto recipe for you.
Calorie: 245.7 kCal ( per serving)
Yield: 4-6 serves
Total time: 50 minutes
Ingredients for mushroom risotto
8 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. butter, divide
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
1 bay leaf
4 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
Freshly ground black pepper
2 c. rice
1/2 c. white wine
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
3/4 c. frozen peas, thawed
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Directors for Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
1. First of all, you need to find yourself a saucepan that is medium, and deep. Place the saucepan on medium heat, and pour chicken broth into it. Let the broth come to a simmer. Now, you can go ahead and bring down the temperature to low heat.
2. Next, you need to get yourself a large pot. Turn on the flame, and pour oil into the large pot. Let the oil sizzle.
3. Once the oil is smoky hot, you can add the onions and start to cook. Let the onions cook. Meanwhile, don’t forget to stir the mixture continuously. The onions need to become translucent. This will usually take around five minutes.
4. Next, add garlic, mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf and a tablespoon of butter into the larger pot. The mixture needs to be cooked, until the mushrooms turn golden brown, and soft. This usually takes around four minutes.
5.Now, the ingredients are ready to be seasoned with salt and pepper. Once the seasoning is done, you can transfer the mixture into another vessel.
6. Add a tablespoon of butter to the large pot, and transfer the arborio rice into it. Now, you need to stir the mixture as quickly as possible. Ensure that the grains are well-coated with the butter, and smell a bit toasty. This usually takes around 2 minutes.
7. Add wine to the rice, and let it cook well. When the wine is completely absorbed, you know that the rice needs more water.
8. Add a cup of hot broth, and let the rice absorb all the broth. Cook, until the risotto is creamy, and al dente – but not mushy.
9. Add the mushroom mixture into the rice.
10. Stir the rice with parmesan, and peas. This dish is best served warm, and with parsley.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Carbohydrates- 18.3 g
- Total Fat-13.6 g
- Potassium-454.5 mg
- Cholesterol-17.0 mg
- Protein-9.6 g
- Sodium-354.4 mg
- Dietary Fiber-1.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g