Best potato pancakes recipe your family would love
Calories: 495 kCal
Yield: 16 pancakes
Total time: 20 minutes (5 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons vinegar-based hot sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Vegan sour cream, yogurt or cashew cream
- Chopped chives
- To begin with, the potatoes have to be cleaned and mashed. For best results, you need to leave the potatoes in fridge overnight. Then, clean and mash the potatoes without any big lumps. This step is important for smooth, crispy potato pancakes.
- Transfer half a cup of all purpose flour into a big bowl. Ensure that you take a big bowl, so that the ingredients don’t spill over.
- Take a different bowl and transfer the mashed potatoes. Once again, make sure that the bowl is big enough to hold three mashed potatoes and the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the remaining all purpose flour to the mashed potatoes. Ensure that the flour and the potatoes are well incorporated.
- Pick a good variety of nutritional yeast. Add the nutritional yeast to the potatoes and flour mix. Once again, stir the mixture well. All the yeast has to mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the yeast is well incorporated, you can add the hot sauce. You can choose to stick to the measurements present in this recipe. Or, you can reduce or increase the amount of hot sauce based on your need.
- If the mixture becomes soft after adding the hot sauce, you need to add a little more all-purpose flour.
- Place a flat, nonstick skillet on medium heat. Ensure that the skillet doesn’t get too hot. It will burn the potatoes too fast. Medium heat is adequate. Add oil to the hot skillet. Let the oil sizzle. Wait for a minute before the next step.
- Meanwhile, form a potato patty. Use a 1/4 cup to measure the mix for the party.
- Once the oil is shimmery, place the potato patty over it. Wait for one of the sides to be completely cooked and crispy. Then, flip the potato patty.
- If there is space in your skillet, place few more potato patties. But, don’t overcrowd the skillet.
- Cook all the patties, and transfer to a paper towel.
- Serve the potato patty with yogurt, cream cheese or sour cream. Also, top it with some salsa.
- 56g of carbohydrates
- 12g of protein
- 27g of fat.