Your go-to recipe for Fajita Marinade
The Fajita Marinade is often classified as an affair for the professionals. Well, this is one of the most scrumptious dishes you can prepare, and enjoy after a long day of work. For many years, the secret behind perfect fajitas was hidden by chefs. But, things have improved, and today, you can make this great marinade at home. The secret to great fajitas lies in its ingredients. You need to be very careful with the sauce, oil and lemon juice. Also, the kind of spices you incorporate into the dish make a big difference. Above all, the time you give for the marinade to set, make a big impact too. If you are able to incorporate the marinade for a longer period of time, with the meat, it is bound to become tastier. On an average, you need to let the marinade settle on the meat for at least five hours. This might seem very long. However, five hours is too short for delicious fajitas.
Calorie: 250 kCal (per serving)
Yield: 2 cups
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for the fajita marinade
¼ of cup lime juice
⅓ cup of water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of liquid smoke flavoring
½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
Directions for making the Fajita Marinade
1. In order to prepare the fajita marinade, you need to get yourself a large plastic bag. Ensure that the bag can be resealed. Likewise, ensure that the plastic bag is big enough to hold all the ingredients.
2. Once the resealable plastic bag is ready, you need to add lime juice, followed by water. Water will dilute the lime juice. Hence, be careful with the amount of lime juice you add, and the amount of water you use. If you want the marinade to be sour, and to have an acidic edge – you need to strike a balance between the lime juice and water.
3. Add olive oil into the plastic bag. Mix all the three ingredients together.
4. Now, crush garlic and add it into the plastic bag. Ensure that the garlic is well coated with the lime juice, and olive oil.
5. Now, you need to add soy sauce. This will give your dish a rich taste.
6. Spice the marinade with black pepper, and cayenne. Once the spices are added, you need to add liquid smoke flavoring. The amount of liquid smoke flavoring in your dish depends on the level of spice you need.
7. Finally, season the marinade with salt.
8. The last step in your fajita marinade would be spreading it on a meat of choice. Of course, you can transfer the meat into the resealable bag, and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 5 hours).
Nutrition Information Per serving
- Carbohydrates – 4.5g (1.5%)
- Fat16.1 g (24.8%)
- Protein21.2 g (42.5%)
- Saturated3.6 g (18.0%)
- Sodium326.4 mg (13.6%)
- Fiber0.9 g (3.5%)
- Sugars2.0 g