Best Gluten Free Mixed Vegetables Baked Penne Pasta
Calories: 327 kCal
Yield: 5 servings
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- T tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 8oz of wheat penne or chickpea penne
- 4 cups of water
- 32oz fire roasted and diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped basil
- 5oz mozzarella cheese
- Sea salt
- Fresh basil for garnishing purpose
- Under 15 Minutes Gluten Free Cheese Pancakes Recipe
- Tasty & Nutritious Veggie Frittata Recipe
- 30 Minutes Low Fat Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
- Pre—heat your oven to broil mode at 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare your baking tray. Line the tray with parchment paper.
- Dice the onions into 1-inch cubes. Dice the eggplant into 1-inch cubes. Dice the zucchini into 1-inch cubes. Dice the red bell pepper into 1-inch squares. Toss all the veggies onto the baking tray. Drizzle a generous amount of oil. And, season the veggies. The veggies need to be roasted for 10 to 12 minutes. Or, wait for the edges of the veggies to sear and become soft. Once the veggies are soft. Remove the veggies from the oven. And, let them rest.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a deep skillet on medium heat. Now, add four cups of water. Drizzle a handful of sea salt into the water. Let the water boil. Add the pasta penne into the pot. Cover the pot and let the pasta cook. Follow instructions on the pasta cover for cooking details. Generally, the pasta would take 6 to 8 minutes to be cooked. Once the pasta is almost done, remove it from the flame. Rinse the pasta in cold water, and let it cool down. Drizzle a good amount of olive oil over the pasta, to prevent it from sticking.
- Place a deep skillet on the stove, turn on the flame, and maintain it at medium-low heat. Add canned tomatoes, roasted vegetables and basil to the skillet. Stir the mix and add pasta. Ensure that the pasta and veggies are gently folded.
- Add mozzarella cheese to the mix and stir.
- Transfer the mix to a baking tray and cover it. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover, and let the mix bake for another 5 minutes. Now, the cheese will brown. This adds more taste to the dish.
- After 25 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and garnish. Use basil, salt and pepper to garnish the dish.
- 19g of protein
- 43g of carbohydrates
- 10g of fiber
- 14g of sugar.