Best Gluten Free Cheese Pancakes Recipe You Can Make in 15 Minutes
Calorie: 334 kCal
Yield: 4 pancakes
Total time: 14 minutes (5 minutes’ preparation, 9 minutes’ cook time)
- 4 ounces or 1 cup of white rice flour
- 2 ounces or 0.5 cup of cornstarch
- 2 ounces or 0.5 cup of sweet rice flour
- 1.75 ounces or 0.25 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk. You can replace whole milk with diary free milk.
- 0.25 cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ounces of cream cheese. Or, you can choose ricotta cheese.
- Take a medium bowl, and start to whisk white flour with sweet rice flour.
- Then add cornstarch, and whisk the ingredients together.
- Add granulated sugar and salt to the mix. Carefully mix the ingredients together. Ensure that there are no big lumps.
- Add baking powder to the mix, and continuing whisking the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, separate the egg white and yolk. Beat the egg white to form peaks.
- Whisk the egg yolks, and add vegetable oil.
- Gradually add milk to the mix. Continue whisking the egg yolks, oil and milk together.
- Finally, add vanilla extract to the liquid mix. Continue whisking the wet ingredients until everything is completely blend.
- Now, make a well in the dry ingredients bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk carefully. Continue to whisk till there are no lumps. The entire batter needs to be absolutely smooth.
- Keep a griddle pan on medium-high flame. Lightly spread oil on the griddle pan.
- Use a ¼ cup to measure the batter and pour it on the griddle. The batter should sizzle the moment it touches the pan.
- On the pancake, you need to add small cubes of cheese. A ½ teaspoon of ricotta cheese can be spread on the pancake.
- Cook the lower side for 3-minutes, before flipping the pancake. Wait for bubbles to form on the surface, before you flip the pancake.
- Let the upper side cook for another 3 minutes. After 5 to 6 minutes, the pancake should feel absolutely dry. Flip for another 1 to 1.5 minutes if the pancake shows any wet spots.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate, and serve with cheese, and fresh fruits. Sprinkle blueberries, fresh strawberries or any fruit of your choice onto the pancake.
- 3g of carbohydrates
- 29g of fat
- 17g of protein
- 0g of fiber