How to make vegetarian Lentil?
Calorie: 236 kCal
Yield: 1 serving
Total time: 45 minutes (15 minutes of preparation, 30 minutes of cooking)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 medium carrots, they need to be peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 14- ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of brown lentils
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or any amount to suit your taste
- 3 cups baby spinach, they need to be sliced into ribbons
- 1 juiced lemon, it should amount to around 2 tablespoons
- Quick Vegan Kimchi-Sesame Hummus Recipe
- Gluten Free Baked Penne Pasta with Mixed Vegetables
- Tasty & Nutritious Veggie Frittata Recipe
- 30 Minutes Low Fat Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
- Turn on the flame, and place a large pot. The flame needs to be in medium heat.
- Add onions and fry. The onions need to become soft and brown in the edges. Add the garlic and continue to stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the celery and stir fry for one minute. The celery has to be washed, and diced into small pieces.
- Add the carrots and stir fry for one minute. The carrots have to be washed and diced into small cubes. Continue to mix the ingredients in the pot for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add a can of tomatoes to the mix. Let the tomatoes cook for a minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and let the mix cook in medium-low heat.
- Add the spices, cumin, coriander and paprika to the mix. Stir everything constantly, for the ingredients to be incorporated fully.
- Add lentils to the mix. Continue to stir for another minute or two.
- Simmer the flame, and let the ingredients cook for 30 minutes. During this time, you have to stir the constantly. Ensure that the spices don’t settle down at the bottom. Make sure that all the carrots, lentils and celery are incorporated with the spices.
- Watch if the lentils have become soft. Also, check if the soup has become thick. Add more vegetable broth, if the soup is too thick.
- Stir the soup and add spinach. Wait for three minutes, or until the spinach has become completely wilt.
- Add lemon juice to the lentil soup. It will give a tangy taste to the entire dish.
- Finally, season the lentils soup with salt.
- 38g of carbohydrates
- 13g of protein
- 67mg of calcium
- 610mg of sodium
- 16g of fiber
- 740mg of potassium
- 7g of sugar
- 5mg of iron.