Best Kimchi Sesame Hummus Recipe Your Can Make in 5 Minutes
Calorie: 126 kCal
Yield: 8 serving
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 can unsalted chickpeas
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped kimchi
- 1.5 tablespoons sliced green onions
- To begin with, soak the chickpeas in water over night. The chickpeas have to soak for at least eight hours in water. This will help in making a smooth paste.
- After the chickpeas have absorbed water to the fullest, you need to drain them. Ensure that every pinch of water is drained from the chickpea. The chickpea doesn’t need to be salted.
- Once the chickpeas are drained, add tahini and kimchi. You can prepare the sesame seed paste at home.
- Add water to the chickpeas and tahini mix.
- Toast the sesame oil. Maintain the heat in medium flame while toasting the oil.
- Toss the toasted sesame oil into the chickpeas mix. Give the mix a good stir. Ensure that all the chickpeas are coated with the sesame oil.
- Add rice vinegar to the chickpea mix. Once again, wait for all the chickpeas to be coated with the rice vinegar.
- For seasoning, add kosher salt. Stick to half a teaspoon of kosher salt, or you can increase the quantity based on your needs.
- Crush and mince garlic. You don’t have to mince the garlic to tiny pieces. The food processor will help in getting this job done! Toss the garlic into the chickpea mix.
- Transfer the chickpea mix to a food processor. Ensure all the ingredients are completely transferred, and nothing is left in the bowl.
- Blend the mix. Try to blend for at least 2 minutes in medium speed. All the ingredients need to be blend, and incorporated with one another. Continue, till you see no big pieces of chickpeas or garlic in the food processor.
- Spoon the hummus mix to a clean bowl. Ensure that there is no water in the bowl
- Add two tablespoon of kimchi. The kimchi has to be neatly chopped into small pieces.
- Add one and a half tablespoon of green onions. Dice the green onions and add them to the mix.
- Season the hummus with salt and pepper if required.
- Gluten Free Baked Penne Pasta with Mixed Vegetables
- Tasty & Nutritious Veggie Frittata Recipe
- Under 15 Minutes Gluten Free Cheese Pancakes Recipe
- 30 Minutes Low Fat Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
- 8g of fat
- 1g of saturated fat
- 4g of protein
- 2g of fiber
- 10g of carbohydrates
- 1g of sugar
- 193mg of sodium