Italian Restaurant Style Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe For Spaghetti lovers
Calorie: 343 kCal
Yield: 8 to 10
Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes (prep time: 20 minutes, cook time: 6 hours)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 diced onions
- 2lb ground, fresh beef
- One cup of wine, preferably merlot or cabernet sauvignon (if wine is not available, you can choose beef broth or chicken)
- 2 x 28Oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 3 beef bouillon cubes, preferably crushed
- 2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoon of oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoon of thyme leaves, dried
- 2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of pepper
For the beef
- Place a large skillet on medium to high heat. Ensure that the skillet is nice, and hot when you pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- To be oil, you need to add diced onions and crushed garlic. On adding, the oil should sizzle. Cook the onions and garlic till they are sweet and translucent. The cooking time will range between 7 to 10 minutes. Once the onions and garlic have become translucent, transfer the mix to a slow cooker.
- Use the same skillet, and add another tablespoon of olive oil. Increase the flame to high heat. Add the fresh, ground beef to the oil and start cooking. The beef needs to be broken during the process. Ensure that the beef is well cooked, and has a beautiful brown shade. If required, you can cook the beef in two separate batches. This is required, if your skillet is not very big. Transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
- Use the same skillet, and set the flame to medium. Now, add red wine and bring it to simmer. If there are any browns from the beef, scrape it into the wine. Transfer the wine to the slow cooker, with beef, onions and garlic.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bouillon cubes, oregano, thyme leaves, bay leaves, and red pepper flakes into the slow cooker. Turn on the cooker at low, and set it for 6 hours.
- Tasty Chilli Ginger Steak with Asian Broccoli Salad
- Gluten Free Baked Penne Pasta with Mixed Vegetables
- 30 Minutes Low Fat Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
For the spaghetti
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to boiling. Cook the spaghetti till it becomes al dente. It needs to be a little firm. Remove a mug of water from the pot, and drain the rest of the spaghetti.
- Return the drained spaghetti to the large pot, add 2 to 3 cups of Bolognese sauce, and the reserved mug of water. Toss the spaghetti gently for 2 minutes, in high flame. Or, wait for the sauce to become thick.
- Serve the spaghetti immediately with grated parmesan cheese, and the slow cooked beef.
- 27g of protein
- 3g of saturated fat
- 9g of fat
- 29g of carbohydrates
- 826mg of sodium
- 2g of fiber
- 40mg of calcium