Stir fried thai basil with minced pork/chicken/beef recipe
Calorie: 435 kCal
Total time: 15 minutes (10 minutes of preparation, 5 minutes for cooking)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 shallots
- 7 garlic cloves
- 3 Thai bird or Holland chilies
- 450g of ground beef/pork/chicken
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce, preferably the light and thin kind
- 2 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
- 2 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- ⅓ cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- holy basil leaves
- Turn on the flame and reach medium high heat. Place a large wok on the flame. Ensure that the wok is fully heated before you put any ingredients
- Add vegetable oil into the hot wok. Let the oil get heated.
- Dice the shallots into thin slices. Crush the garlic cloves. Add the shallots and garlic cloves into the wok. You should hear a sizzle when you put the shallots and garlic cloves. Fry the garlic and onions for 3 minutes.
- Add the chilies to the mix and fry. Let the mix cook for another minute.
- Increase the flame to high. And, let the mix cook. Meanwhile, you need to stir the mix to avoid it from burning.
- Add the pork. Break the pork into smaller pieces. Allow the pork to become crispy.
- Now, the sauces have to be prepared. Mix dark soya sauce, light soya sauce, and oyster sauce. Add the sauce mix to the wok, in high heat. Stir for another minute.
- Add sugar and the fish sauce. Stir fry the mix for another minute.
- Deglaze the wok with water, and broth. Remember, the wok is extremely hot. The sauces will start to boil immediately. Continue to mix the sauce. Ensure that all the ingredients are coated with the sauces.
- Take the basil and cut it into fine slices. Toss the cut basil leaves into the wok. Continue to stir the mix. Maintain the wok at high heat. The mix needs to be stirred for a minute, before you turn the heat off.
- Transfer the dish to a different vessel. And, serve it with warm rice. The dish is best served with white rice.
- 9g of carbohydrates
- 22g of protein
- 35g of fat
- 18g of saturated fat
- 82mg of cholesterol
- 928mg of sodium
- 1g of fiber
- 554mg of potassium
- 4g of sugar
- 53mg of vitamin c
- 638IU of Vitamin a
- 45mg of calcium
- 2mg of iron