Easy & Fast Veggie Frittata Recipe You Can Make In 16 Minutes
Calories per serving: 210 kCal
Yields: 6 servings
Total time: 16 minutes (15 minutes for preparation, 1 minute for cooking)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 red onion, preferably chopped into small pieces
- 1 bell pepper, preferably the yellow, green and red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 12 pastured eggs
- One-quarter cup of milk
- 2 ounces of cheese, preferable goat cheese
- One-quarter cup of scallions, sliced
- Cooking spray, coconut oil or butter
- Begin by pre heating the oven to around 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Ensure that the oven is pre-heated, before placing the ingredients inside.
- Prepare a baking pan with any oil variety. This could be coconut oil, cooking spray or butter. The choice is absolutely up to you. Ensure that the entire pan is greased.
The veggie filling
- To make the veggie filling, you need to chop the onions as small as possible.
- Then, chop the zucchini and peppers finely. The smaller will be better for the dish.
- The garlic cloves need to be peeled and finely diced.
- Mix the onion, garlic, peppers and zucchini in a large bowl. Ensure that the bowl is big enough to hold all the ingredients, without spilling over.
- Season the onion, pepper, garlic and zucchini mix with some salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the veggie mix with avocado oil.
- All the veggies, oil, salt and pepper needs to be tossed carefully. Ensure that every piece of veggie is neatly coated with salt and pepper. Once the tossing is done, transfer the veggies into the baking sheet.
- The baking sheet has to be placed on the greased baking pan. Bake the mix for 30 minutes.
- When you bake the mix, ensure that the vegetables are flipped after 15 minutes. If required, drizzle some avocado oil on the veggies.
- After 30 minutes, the veggies need to be removed from the oven. Let the veggies cool down.
The egg filling
- In a large bowl, break the 12 eggs and start whisking them.
- To the eggs, add salt and pepper. Then, continue whisking them.
- To the eggs, add milk. Then, continue whisking them.
- Once the veggies have cooled down completely, you need to transfer them onto the bowl with eggs. Then, transfer the mixture to a pre-heated baking pan.
- Top the mix with sliced scallions and goats cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the mix in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Or, wait till the eggs are puffed and set in the middle.
Nutritional information per serving:
- 8g of Carbohydrates
- 14 g of protein
- 5g of saturated fat
- 13g of fat
- 333mg of cholesterol
- 2g of fiber
- 4g of sugar