Your go-to recipe for Filet Mignon
So, you are interested in cooking the best filet mignon recipe in town! Well, cooking steak is not rocket science, but it needs lots of experience and patience. There are high chances of you making a mistake, and getting that char – in a really bad way. For the steak to be juicy in the middle, and to have a perfect crust, you need to follow few golden rules. For instance, to get a Medium Rare, the temperature needs to be maintained between 130 and 135. For a Medium steak, the temperature has to be between 135 and 145. For a Medium Well-done steak, the temperature has to be between 145 and 155. Regardless of these figures, your steak should never go beyond 155.
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the best filet Mignon Recipe
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 (6-oz.) filet mignon
Freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. roughly chopped rosemary
Directions for making the best filet Mignon Recipe
1. First things first, you need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Celsius.
2. Now, take a large skillet that can hold the filet mignon without dropping it down. The skillet has to be placed over medium-high heat. Now, pour extra virgin olive oil, and let it warm up. Never put any of the other ingredients in the skillet, before the oil heats up.
3. Meanwhile, you should season the steak with pepper and salt, on either side. If you are aiming for a spicy filet mignon, you are free to introduce other ingredients like oregano, and a pinch of chilli too.
4. When the oil is smoking hot, you need to place the steak on the skillet. Let the bottom surface cook until it becomes very seared. This will take around five minutes.
5. After five minutes, you need to flip the steak. Ensure that you handle the half-cooked meat with great care. This would be the best time to butter the steak. Pour butter over the top surface of the steak. Let it cook in butter for at least three to five minutes. This process is also known as Basting.
6. After drenching the steak with butter, you need to season it with rosemary.
7. Baste the steak with butter, and rosemary for another three to five minutes.
8. Once the basting is done, you can transfer the skillet into the pre-heated oven. Now, your steak can be cooked to your liking. Make use of the temperatures given above to decide on the temperature you need to set in your oven.
9. Always keep a close eye to see if the steak is done or not. Never risk over cooking.
10. Finally, transfer the steak onto a clean plate/pan. Let it rest for five to ten minutes, before you slice.
- Protein 25g
- Fiber 1g
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 1g
- Sugar 0g