Chris Hemsworth’s Workout Routine For Thor Ragnarok
Chris Hemsworth has etched a name for himself with his acting skills in the superhero blockbuster movie series Thor – The Thunder God. This particular character is seen to be flexible, bulky and powerful. So Chris was required to put in his best efforts and come up with a workout routine that helped him to build a body that is athletic, fit and flexible for Thor Ragnarok movie. It can be easily said that his workout is among the most searches being made on Google, with people trying to know his workout regimen, diets and other secrets.
To get into that Thor look, his workouts tend to alternate between bodybuilding, heavy weightlifting to more resistance and lighter timed fitness to functional type stuffs. In case of bodybuilding, he usually did 4 sets, ranging between 8 and 12 reps. He also trained for an hour for 6 days a week, but never crossed that one hour limit set. But during this time frame, he did go hard. He was also less bulky as he consumed less and workouts being less centered on getting muscular and more rounded, he generally put muscles of around 20lb to play Thor.
Chris Hemsworth workout regimen to develop muscles
Day 1: Back
- Pushups: 5 setsx20 reps
- Pullpus: 5 setsx20; 15; 12; 10; & 10 reps
- Swiss ball hyperextensions: 4 sets x 25; 20; 15; & 15 reps
- Dumbbell rows: 4 sets x 12reps
- Hammer strength machine rows: 4 sets x 12reps
You May Also Like This: 5 Back Exercises You Should Be Doing for Mass
Day 2: Chest
- Incline dumbbell bench press: 4 sets x 12reps
- Barbell bench press: 8 sets x 12; 10; 10; 8; 8; 6; 4; 4; & 4 reps
- Cable flyes: 4 sets x 12reps
- Weighted dip: 4 sets x 10reps
- Hammer strength chest press: 4 sets x 15reps
Check This Out: 10 Exercises You Should Be Doing For Upper Chest Growth
Day 3: Legs
- Leg Press: 1 x drop set to failure
- Back squat: 7sets x 10; 8; 6; 5; 4; 3; 3; & 3 reps
- Walking Lunges: 4sets x 20reps
- Single leg curl: 3sets x 20reps
- Leg extension: 3sets x 20reps
- Standing calf raise: 3sets x 20reps
Day 4: Shoulders
- Arnold Press: 4sets x 12reps
- Military press: 7sets x 10; 8; 6; 5; 4; 3; & 3reps
- Dumbbell lateral raise: 3sets x 15reps
- Barbell shrugs: 4sets x 12reps
- Dumbbell rear delt flyes: 3sets x 15reps
- Dumbbell front raise: 3sets x 15reps
Day 5: Arms
- Skull Crusher: 3sets x 10reps
- Barbell biceps curl: 3sets x 10reps
- Dumbbell lying triceps extension: 3sets x 10reps
- Ez-bar preacher curl: 3sets x 10reps
- Rope pressdown: 3sets x 12reps
- Dumbbell hammer curl: 3sets x 12reps
- Barbell reverse wrist curl: 3sets x 20reps
- Barbell wrist curl: 3sets x 20reps
Upper body ’Grinder’ circuit
‘The Grinder’ or ‘Mjolnir’, as Thor’s hammer as is known is where he gets his power from. This working might not proivde the strength required to wield the greatest weapon, but can help to achieve that aesthetics that befits the Thunder God.
Each exercise is to be performed 6 to 8 reps and until 6 minutes is to be repeated. Take rest for about a minute and repeat another two rounds. It is important to ensure following correct technique as only then can you increase your loads. This is because, there are plenty of rotational movements that are involved in this particular circuit.
Getting to know Thor’s training and workout regime can help you to follow the same and can create a body that you have desired for a long time.
You should also check out the fitness app launched by Chris Hemsworth and his team HERE.